Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assembly Equipment Engineer- Plastics
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Assembly Program Manager will serve as an automation and assembly specialist overseeing the design, construction, and implementation of assembly equipment. Directs activities concerned with implementation of assembly tooling to fulfill the production requirements for new programs and product launches within the Plastic Lighting group
- Direct and coordinate planning and implementation of product or tool designs ensuring compliance with specifications and codes
- Reviews and approves assembly tooling vendors’ proposed designs and processes and follows equipment through all phases of development
- Reviews vendor progress to assure adherence to schedules and timelines, modifies or changes methodology or redirects activities as necessary to attain objectives within time and cost limits
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment, include cost estimates and equipment layout
- Assist in the creation, modification and testing of products and processes
- Assist in interpreting engineering drawings for production personnel
- Assist in the development, evaluation, improvement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of process control techniques and procedures
- Perform root cause and failure analysis, as required
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Inspect products and processes to identify areas of improvement
- Operate computer assisted engineering and design software
- Create technical reports, documentation, calculations and sketches
- Assist with troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical/ product issues in the manufacturing of products
- Maintain up-to-date engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices
- Support Plant and Integrators
- Open Issues and Budgets
- University Diploma or experience in Automation, Controls, Robotics, or related engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience
- Strong working knowledge of Process Flow, Control Plan, PFMEA, Statistical Process, and Machine Controls
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles
- Knowledge of CAD
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing and distribution of goods
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to problem solve and chose best solutions
- Ability to analyze data and create technical documents
- Ability to use common measuring devices, such as micrometers, calipers, optical equipment, etc.
- Proficient in work processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and other database functions such as reporting and analysis
- Assembly Equipment- Secondary Plastic Injection Molding Technical experience- Sonic, Vibration Welders
- Strong organizational skills
- Program Launch
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.