Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GR5 Packaging Engineer
- # of Openings
- Materials Manager
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Packaging Engineer works within the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process to assist in the design and development of work cells and packaging requirements in order to meet customer
- Attend program review meetings
- Review packaging feasibility and develop packaging designs and concepts for new and existing projects
- Review program time lines and quantities for packaging requirements
- Present design concepts and prototypes to the Program Manager and APQP Team for acceptance
- Follow up on quotations, prototypes, testing and procurement of packaging for customers, suppliers and manufacturing location itself
- Attend tryouts for early packaging development as required
- Complete required packaging documentation
- Assist in the selection of packaging sources
- Assist in the development of maintenance programs for returnable systems
- Coordinate updates of the Bill of Material for packaging revisions
- Assist in the launch training for packaging being implemented
- Obtain customer and plant approvals for packaging through required EDI, email and/or customer-specific portals
- Create and update Operator Packaging Instructions
- Create and update Work Cell Layouts
- Create and update Work Cycle breakdown time studies
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Develop system for cleaning of work in process and finished good fleets.
- Packaging Engineering degree, Engineering Technologist diploma or equivalent
- 3-5yrs packaging development experience in the automotive industry.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with ability to prioritize work and issues in a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand / read AutoCAD layouts and reports
- Blue print reading is an asset
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.