Gun Lake Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet Sous Chef
at Gun Lake Casino
Responsible for directly supporting and enforcing all initiatives given by the Room Chef as well as overseeing the entire Restaurant’s Kitchen. Oversees the performance and coordination of all work performed by all Team Members assigned. Passes on pertinent information to Managers and Team Members. Ensures proper service standards are used in all internal and external Guest experiences.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s Service Standards at all times.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and ensure Team Members reporting to you do so as well. Ensure your areas comply with Board of Health Standards and Regulations.
- Have knowledge of where your MSDS booklet is located for your Department and understand its contents. Ensure Team Members are trained on materials in the book.
- Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Responsible for handling any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
- Evaluate and oversee job performance for Team Members.
- Set schedules and specific job duties, while maintaining Team Members’ hours for proper staffing as defined through established service standards.
- Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect, and recognition and ensure open door policy in an “Unsurpassed Service” Manner.
- Work productively with direct supervisor and peers.
- Display and encourage teamwork in the department.
- Coach and Counsel Team Members who are not meeting Standards. Understand the steps of discipline according to Gun Lake Casino’s Policies.
- Properly maintain Team Member records (i.e. time & attendance and corrective counseling).
- Conduct group and individual training regarding policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Set daily, weekly and monthly goals and opportunities and lead the unit to achieve the desired result.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers, keeping them abreast of all department activities.
- Ensure that all Team Members adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Ensure that all Team Members are knowledgeable of and adhere to all Gun Lake Casino’s Policies and Standards.
- Hold daily Team Member Huddles and maintain communication boards to communicate pertinent information to Team Members.
- Have a comprehensive and complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items including their preparation, ingredients, cooking methods, portions and prices.
- Have knowledge of all café, sanitation, and team dining room team member's responsibilities.
- Have detailed knowledge of the facility and its amenities.
- Oversee the departments to ensure requisitioning, production, fabrication and quality is in strict adherence to Gun Lake Casino’s specifications, standards and guidelines.
- Work closely with Management Team to ensure the all products comply with Station Casinos’ specifications and cost controls.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards in accordance with department polices and the Department of Health.
- Ensure that kitchens and equipment are in good working order, and ensure a clean and hazard free work area that complies with the Department of Health, OSHA and Gun Lake Casino’s guidelines. Monitor, work with facilities, and document any culinary and sanitation departments if any area is below standards or not functioning properly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Certificate/License: Health Card.
- Must be able to handle a flexible schedule.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and maturity in his or her decision-making ability, even when dealing with difficult situations.
- Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit’s appearance and operating standards.
- Must be able to work with other departments including but not limited to Marketing, Rewards, Human Resources, Table Games, Training, Slots, Sales, TGC and Food and Beverage to develop strategic plans for growth of catering related business in these areas.
- Minimum five (5) years culinary experience in related fields preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years in varied high volume restaurant, banquet or buffet environment with P&L responsibilities preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years working both off-site for banquet / catering events and on-site for banquet / catering events.
- Comprehensive food knowledge, which includes basic knowledge of profit and loss statements, cost control, menu planning, budgeting, training, inventory control and sanitation.
- Must have a strong knowledge of tracking and maintaining Cost of Sales while in conjunction with creating recipe cards and menus for banquet events ranging above or below 200 people in one sitting.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills and abilities that will enhance and exemplify the “Unsurpassed Service” Culture.
- Comprehensive computer skills in Microsoft Office systems and Requisitioning.
- Must possess the ability to work hands on in any kitchen environment pertaining to a three meal period and high volume production in fine dining, butchering, baking soups, stocks, sauces, roasting, sautéing, broiling, grilling and cold food production.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs, push 150 to 250lbs on a pushcart, in/out of walk-ins of –10 degrees to 140 degrees with or without assistance.
- Requires the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walk frequently, bend or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance.
- Requires normal sense of smell, taste, and touch.
Work is typically in an area which may be unusually hot, cold and/or noisy and may contain second hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a sitting or non-sitting position. Performance of job duties will require standing, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
- FREE Medical with Teledoc
- FREE Dental and Vision
- FREE Long-Term Disability
- FREE Basic Life Insurance
- FREE Medical with Teledoc
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Break Periods
- FREE Shift Meals
- FREE Uniforms