Sandy Point Beach House
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Host and Hostess - Warm ,Friendly People Greeters!
at Sandy Point Beach House
- 08-Feb-2017 to 30-Sep-2019 (EST)
- Port Sheldon, MI, USA
- Full or Part Time
Sandy Point Beach House is seeking experienced hosts/hostesses to join our team. Full and part time positions available for breakfast, lunch and dinner service. Responsibiliteis include welcoming and warmly greeting guests on arrival. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their wishes using OpenTable. Remove used tableware between courses; clear and reset tables after guests leave.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
- When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
- When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party.
- Call out name and number of party when tables become available.
- Provide guests with estimated waiting time.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seat guest guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server's name. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Relay messages to servers and buspersons as needed.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- Assit guests select and purchase apparel in the Beach House Boutique gift shop.
- Fold all apparel and accessories to maintain an neat and organized boutique.
- Restock shelves as needed.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Be able to working in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Be able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
- Must be able to work weekends and have a flexible work schedule.