Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer, Customer Solutions - Assoc
Under regular supervision works with other engineers performing smaller, less complex assignments to provide product designs to meet unique customer needs. Conceives design solutions while maintaining the technical integrity and quality of the product using sound application of engineering/mechanical design principles. Prepares drawings for changes maintaining revision levels and support documentation using Pro-Engineering software. Monitors and prioritizes daily workload to meet department order processing measures. Results are regularly reviewed for accuracy, adequacy and conformance with technical guidance routinely provided. Fulfill specific R.O.I. responsibilities. Fulfills specific R.O.I. responsibilities.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
- Able to research and gather information, generate creative design solutions and evaluate the overall relative value of concepts, ideas and designs in support of special customer solutions
- Able to utilize ProE to create models. Able to utilize other computer applications and software.
- Able to develop, maintain, and apply mechanical design principles, mechanical properties, material science, manufacturing processes and procedures and tooling considerations as they relate to the mechanical design of a special product solution, including aesthetic design intent in special product solutions.
- Able to apply understanding of Steelcase processes, products, standards and information systems.
- Able to acquire knowledge of the office furniture industry, Steelcase organization, processes, products, standards and information systems.
- Able to use a variety of methods and techniques in solving technical issues.
- Able to work with peers and management in a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Able to work on multiple assignments and effectively manage time and priorities.
- Able to communicate technical information with all audiences.
- Associates Degree in applicable engineering field or equivalent experience or certification. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Entry level engineering role.