Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Public Relations Project Leader
Public Relations Project Leader
The Steelcase global public relations team is searching for a curious, energetic and enthused member to add to its team. Working closely with the public relations and promotions manager, this position is responsible for creating, leading and executing public relations projects for significant initiatives across its family of brands. The Steelcase global communications team is a high-performing, creative, driven team and is looking for someone who excels in these areas.
The public relations project leader will….
- Identify and create opportunities to obtain media coverage for Steelcase products, services and innovations to favorably position the brand and company and gain trust and authority from customers and potential customers.
- Work with global public relations teams to effectively drive media relations campaigns with global reach and local relevance.
- Create interesting, relevant, media-worthy stories about Steelcase products, research and applications for the North American market
- Lead public relations strategies for major North American initiatives across the Steelcase family of brands
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key national and trade media including print and digital
- Manage extended Steelcase agency team – drive strategy, execution and effectiveness.
- Equip the Steelcase North American sales teams to effectively media stories in their selling efforts
- Measure the effectiveness of media relations and external communications campaigns
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills including strong writing, verbal communications, critical thinking and an ability to work independently
- Creative energy, drive to learn and innate curiosity
- A strong background of success generating strategic, positive news coverage and working with national media outlets.
- Strong understanding of journalistic story development principles
- An in-depth knowledge of best-in-class content approaches.
- A strong understanding of current and emerging social media channels/trends, and social expertise on multiple platforms.
- An ability to plan and execute complex projects both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Excels at forging strong working relationships with a broad range of personality types including internal and external stakeholders
- Proven success in project management and leadership skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed; ability to work independently
- 5-10 years communications, journalisms or public relations experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Degree in Communications, English or, Journalism is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have three to five years of sales or sales training experience
- Experience with teaching, mentoring, coaching and developing others is preferred
- A strong experience working with all levels of management, including senior executives.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing.
To learn more about our company, and our family of brands – including Steelcase®, Coalesse®, Designtex®, PolyVision® and Turnstone®, please visit our website at www.steelcase.com.