Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist, Product Marketing or Sr. Specialist, Product Marketing - Seating
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
People choose to work with us because of the great people that make up the Steelcase team and the respect that people have for each other. People also choose to work with us because we care about people. Our own people, and our customers people. It’s why we work hard to understand people and work and how they work. With each other, with their tools, and with their workplace. Our goal is to create great products and applications that enable workplaces that support how people want to work and help them leave work happier and healthier than when they arrived. People choose to work with us because we care deeply about unlocking human promise through the workplace.
What you will be doing:
You’ll be solving problems. Sometimes they will be little problems, sometimes they will be the next BIG problem facing the workplace. On a daily basis your work will change, but your curiosity will help you dive into whatever challenges the day brings. In this marketing role, you will own responsibility for our lounge category of products and help develop and sustain a growing business by creating a roadmap to grow sales of existing products and develop new ones. At the end of the day, you will manage products that help make the workplace better for the people in it.
Who you are:
You are driven to succeed. You are curious and never stop asking “why” until you’re completely satisfied that you’ve reached the deepest level of understanding. You rely on your analytical skills and speed to decision-making based on those skills and your intuition. You care deeply about your work , getting work done, and creating a positive outcome. You are an individual leader and a supportive team player. You see the details without losing sight of the bigger picture.
Your Future Team:
You will be joining a small team of highly motivated marketing professionals who are curious about the workplace and strive to solve for our customer’s seating needs in new and innovative ways. In addition to the marketing team you’ll be a part of our larger seating team that works in a cross-functional environment that feels more like a small company than a large corporation.
Responsible for executing product line marketing tactics for the Steelcase Lounge seating category. Marketing objectives will include management of existing products like Umami and Bfree along with development of new products. Represents marketing Point of View on project teams with relation to product/program development or lifecycle management. Collaborates with field sales, dealers, customers and plant operations staff.
- Responsible for developing and implementing product line and marketing tactics in support of plans for the Steelcase Lounge seating category. Tactics may relate to areas such as product development, lifecycle management, merchandising, competitive analysis, training development or pricing.
- Analyze customer needs, competitive information and sales trends to assist in decision making regarding product features and functions.
- Represents and makes marketing decisions when working closely with other disciplines (engineering, manufacturing, sales, training, marketing services, marketing communications, product development, industrial design) in new product development and lifecycle management.
- Contributes to the formulation of marketing plans for new or existing products/programs to support the Lounge seating category
- Answers questions regarding product/program features and competitive information for the field sales and dealer sales professionals.
- Participates in and/or makes presentations to visiting groups for designated product(s)/program(s).
- Maintains connection with field sales, dealers and customers as part of continuing marketing support and analysis program.
- Understanding and experience working with the Steelcase PDL process
- Understands Steelcase processes and able to utilize corporate resources as appropriate
- Leadership experience on minor projects or within well defined process
- Works well with others in meeting common goals and has ability to collaborate on a team
- Able to interpret basic sales reporting data
- Effective one on one skills and basic presentation capabilities to internal and external audiences
- Understands basic order and sales processes
- Sets reasonable and measurable goals for self and consistently makes progress
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in marketing or business administration with specialty in marketing or equivalent experience
- Two to four years of marketing or sales related experience is preferred, or completion of Steelcase PACE (sales training) program.
We invite you to submit your resume/CV through our careers page.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.